|Under Graduate Courses|
|B.Com(Regular)||6 Semesters||+2 pass or Equivalent Exam|
|B.Com(Hons)||4 Semesters||Passed B.Com Sem II Exam or equivalent Examination of GNDU.|
|Post Graduate Courses|
|Master of Business Economics & Information Technology with Honours||4 Semesters||Graduate from any recognized university|
|Master of Commerce||4 Semesters||Graduate from any recognized university|
- Every year the department holds 8 to 10 merit positions in the top ten category of merit list declared by G.N.D.U. and the department had 293 merit positions in the span of 25 years.
- The department further graduated to establish Post Graduate Department to fulfill the needs of aspirant students.it is the matter of pride to mention that in the very first year our student Ketki Mehra stood First in G.N.D.U. in M.Com I Year & Second in M.Com II Year and continuing the tradition in the second year, our two students Richa Arora and Maninder got 4th position in N.D.U. in M.Com I & II Semester. In the third batch again we could maintain our glorious tradition. Kumari Himani Bawa stood 1st in G.N.D.U. and Kumari Kirti Kundra, Pranika and Manpreet stood 3rd, 8th and 10thin G.N.D.U. merit list respectively.
- As mentioned in the previous year’s future plans of 2013-14, the department has successfully implemented inter-disciplinary innovative P.G. course i.e, Master of Business Economics and Information Technology.
- The department maintains strong bond between teacher and the taught wherein the students not only discuss their academic problems but also find solutions to their personal problems. The department has always provided a helping hand to its students in all matters concerning them.
- The department has dedicated, qualified and experienced staff. The teachers are ready to help the students on continuous basis.
- The department caters to the needs of rural folk and suburb dwellers and is working hard for the upliftment of girl child and helping her to be financially self-reliant.
- Promotion of research
- Two minor research projects
- Papers published in National and International Journals
- The department is equipped with good infrastructure facilities like separate floor for commerce classes, smart class room with ICT facility, Computer Cum Accounting Lab, own departmental library and Auditorium on the same floor.
- The department is considered as Feeder Department of the college with maximum strength.
- Tie-ups and Collaborations with industries like Institute of Banking Services (IBS), National Institute of Information Technology (NIIT), Engineering & Export Promotion Council, Linkages with Chartered Accountants.
- The department feels pride in highlighting Book-Bank facility for meritorious as well as needy students.
- Guidance for competitive exams such as CPT, CS Foundation, Bank, Income Tax, Insurance, UGC-NET, etc.
- Free coaching for weak students with objective of bringing even the weak and slow students in the main stream which has culminated into 100% results of department.
- Organising National level seminars and training programmes.
- Availability of computers in 1:1 ratio.
- Establishment of Commerce Club for extra-curricular activities for the holistic development of the students
- Motivational lectures and career guidance programmes for outgoing classes.
- Participation of faculty and P.G. students in Seminars/Workshops in universities and different colleges.
- Industrial visits
- Successful implementation of Add-On Course titled ‘Computer Aided Accountancy’ under dual degree programme.
- Publication of Annual Journal of Commerce & Management titled ‘ALMANAC’ by Post Graduate Department.
- Publication of Annual Peer Reviewed Research Journal: “ OUTREACH” bearing ISSN: 2395-4620 – Volume-I & Volume-II.