|Under Graduate Courses|
|B.Sc. (Fashion Designing)||6 Semesters||+2 pass or Equivalent Exam|
|Under Graduate Courses|
|M.Sc.(Fashion Designing)||4 Semesters||B.Sc.[FD], B.A.[Home Science], PGDGCFD|
|Add on course|
|Fashion Designing||2 Semesters||+2 pass or Equivalent Exam|
|Diploma in Stitching and Tailoring||2 Semesters||+2 pass or Equivalent Exam|
|Post Graduate Diploma in Garment Construction & Fashion Designing||2 Semesters||Graduation|
- Fresher Party was organized by P.G. Department of Fashion Designing on 20th of August 2015. The students of B.Sc FD I participated in Modelling & showcased their talent by walking on the ramp. MSc. FD I and and P.G. Diploma & U.G. Diploma showed their talent in Saree draping & apron making. Ms. Monika of B.Sc. FD I won the tag of Ms. Fresher.
- Exhibition cum sale of Rakhis was organized by Fashion Designing Department on August 26, 2015. All the students of Fashion Designing participated in this competition. Best students were awarded prizes by Principal Madam Dr. Kiran Arora.
- Two day Diwali exhibition cum sale was organized by fashion designing department on 9th& 10th November 2015,staff members were present there. Mr.Rajeev (M.D Pidilite), Mr.Gajinder, Mrs.Gurmeet Kaur(Subject Expert) were Guest of Honour. Best students were awarded with prizes.
- On 2nd March 2016, Annual Fashion Show ADVITEEYA -2016 (The Unique Style) was organized by the department of fashion designing. The Chief Guest Mrs. Anuradha Sondhi inaugurated the fashion show.
Almost all the students of fashion designing department participated in the fashion show by designing and stitching the various costumes worn in the fashion show. There were 11rounds:
- Draped Dresses
- Kid’s Wear
- Office Wear
- Lehnga, Saree
- Punjabi Suits
- Crop Top with Skirts
The Chief Guest appreciated the marvellous work done by students. The best Models and the Best designers were awarded prizes.
- Exibition of fabric painting, glass painting, jewellery making was organized by fashion designing department on 20th January, 2016.Exhibition was anugrated by Dr.Kiran Arora(Principal of college), Mrs.Sunita Bhalla(H.O.D) and other staff members were present there. Mr.Rajeev (M.D Pidilite), Mr.Gajinder, Mrs.Gurmeet Kaur(Subject Expert) were Guest of Honour. Best students were awarded with prizes.
Name Course Position Fabric painting Dolly B.Sc I Semester First position Isha M.Sc IV Semester Second Position Glass painting Diksha B.Sc VI Semester First position Indu B.Sc VI Semester Second Position Clay Modeling Prabhjot Kaur B.Sc IV Semester First position Monika B.Sc I Semester Second Position
- Rakhi making exhibition cum sale was organized by P.G. Department of Fashion Designing on august 1st 2017.All the students of the department participate actively. Beautiful and colorful rakhis, greeting cards, handmade cards and handmade jewellery were put up for sale during the exhibition. Madam Principal congratulated the students on their artistic bent of mind. These students made the college 2nd department proud.
- P.G. Department of Fashion Designing of PCM S.D. College for women Jalandhar organized fresher's party.New students of U.G and P.G. presented their talent through modelling. Prizes were awarded to the winners. Miss Fresher P.G.(Kumari Amanpreet ), Miss Fresher U.G. (Kumari Sheebha), Miss Elegant (Kumari Simarjit U.G.), Miss Gorgeous (Kumari Taruna P.G.),Best Smile (Kumari Taran U.G.), Best Hairstyle (Kumari Kanika Arora U.G.).Madam Principal Dr. Mrs. Kiran Arora congratulated the students and appreciated the head of department Mrs. Sunita Bhalla and faculty members for their sincere efforts in organizing the function.
- On 17th and 18th october 2017 P.G. Department of Fashion Designing of PCM S.D. college for women organized "Diwali Festa" Exhibition cum sale. Madam Principal Dr. Mrs. Kiran Arora inaugurated the exhibition. Students of Fashion Designing exhibited their Hand made cards, Designer fashion clothing, Fashion accessories, Home decor products and exclusive diwali products. During this exhibition students earn smart amount of money by selling almost all the products to the staff members and students. Principal appriciated the creativity of the students guided by Mrs. Sunita Bhalla (HOD) and faculty members.
- Annual exhibition organized by department of Fashion Designing. It was inaugurated by Prof. Ashok Kumar Sarial ,Vice Chancellor ( CSK HPKV) Palampur. All the students of the department participate actively. In this exhibition students present their talent by presentation of apparels, jewellery, art & craft and interior décor material. Chief Guest & Madam Principal congratulated the students on their artistic bent of mind.
- 30 October Shri Sushil Rinku, MLA (Jalandhar West) visited PCM S.D. College for Women, Jalandhar and inaugurated Draping Lab of the Fashion Designing department. He visited Cosmetology Lab and appreciated the creativity of the students. Principal Dr. Kiran Arora informed him that skill oriented courses are very useful for students to get employment.
- A motivational Lecture on Personality Development was organized jointly by the Fashion Designing and IT Departments on the 13th of July 2015. The aim of the lecture was to inculcate cultural, ethical, moral and spiritual values in the young learners. Dr. BK Pandey delivered a motivational lecture to the students. Advocate Shiv Kumar Sonik was the coordinator of the programme.
- One day workshop organized by fashion designing department, in which experts from Usha Enterprises gave demonstration on latest models of Dream maker and computerized machines on 7th august 2015.
- Three day workshop on Pidilite Colours was organized by fashion designing department on 18th, 19th&20th Jan 2016. In which students learned about fabric painting, glass painting, clay modeling, free hand painting, liquid embroidery, vegetable painting, Fabric painting etc. by Ms. Gurmeet kaur ( Pidilite Expert Tutor)
- On 11 February 2016, One day workshop was organized by fashion designing department on CAD (Computer aided designing). In which students got demonstration by Mr. Mohan, expert from TNG Company Bangalore. In this workshop students got knowledge about latest fashion software’s and how to do drafting, pattern making, and grading on computer.
- FD Department of PCM S.D. College organised workshop on best out of waste. Needle craft,
Shilpkari, Jewellery making was organised by Fashion designing department in collaboration with Pidilite Industries. Ritu Lal from Pidilite Industry gave demonstration of techniques of making various items of home decor products, jewellery and best out of waste to the students of B.Sc. Fashion Designing 1st year and 2nd year. On the last day of workshop, certificate were given to the best students by Pidilite Industry. At the moment HOD Mrs. Sunita Bhalla and other staff members were also present. Principal Dr.Kiran Arora appreciated the work done by the students during workshop.
- PG Department of Fashion designing orgnised one day seminar on CAD (computer aided design) Mr. Mohan expert engineer in software from TNG company Banglore gave presentation on uses of new software of CAD. Bsc and Msc students got practical demonstration on different software of fashion designing. The seminar was conducted with an aim to equip students with latest technology in CAD. Madam Principal Mrs.Kiran Arora appreciated the efforts of the department.
- Workshop on Block Printing techniques was organized by PG Department of Fashion Designing department. The Resource Person was Mr. Ashwani Khosla, Expert in Textile Printing from Brightway company gave demonstration and workshop on various techniques of printing useful for decorating purposes and for printing household furnishings. This seminar was conducted with an aim to equip students with latest techniques in printing. Madam Principal Dr. Kiran Arora appreciated the efforts of the department.
- On 13 February 2016, fashion designing department organized a industrial visit in Superfine knitters LTD. Ludhiana. In which students got knowledge about industrial work and their working departments like cutting, construction, finishing and packing.
- 50 students of Fashion Designing Department of PCM S.D. College visited Parameshwari Silk Mills, Ludhiana. Students of B.Sc. Semester I & III visited this industry. Students visited various units of this industry like manufacturing unit, Dyeing unit and Printing Unit, Embroidery unit etc. They also got the knowledge of manufacturing unit techniques from yarn. This industrial visit was very beneficial for the students as they also got the knowledge of how yarn is processed into final fabric or garments.
- 40 students of Fashion Designing Department of PCM S.D. College visited Sportking (CLASIC WEAR) PVT. LTD. Rahon Road Ludhiana. Students of B.Sc. Semester II, M.Sc II sem, IV Sem and PG Diploma visited this industry. Students visited various units of this industry like manufacturing unit, Dyeing unit and Printing Unit, Embroidery unit, Knitting Unit, etc. This industrial visit was very beneficial for the students as they also got the knowledge of how yarn is processed into final fabric or garments.